Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sandi's Update 7/13

Updated from big sister......Sandi has been loosing more and more of her gorgeous blond hair.  Her college roommate from Wallace State came to spend a few days with her and Jessica is the one who Sandi asked to cut her hair off.   So last Thursday night, July 8th, Jessica shaved Sandi's head. Here are Sandi's exact words from her Facebook page post the following morning:

I have a friend staying with me who is a nurse on a neurological floor in Huntsville; and last night she finally did what JJ has been unwilling or unable to do.... which was shave my head. It actually feels better now because I can stop stressing about losing hair in the shower and elsewhere. Now I have about a quarter inch of redish blond stubble around me head....

I live 6 hours away from Sandi, and her husband JJ just emailed me some pictures of the new "low maintenance" Sandi. Her hair was hiding the scar from her brain surgery which was 2 months ago.  I still think she is beautiful.  The first thing I noticed was not that her hair is now gone.....it was the fact that she is still smiling!  She is now 2 months into her battle against brain cancer.
Sandi needs prayers and financial support.  Even with insurance...brain surgery and brain cancer is not cheap.  She is unable to work and any donation at all is greatly appreciated!

Please continue to support my sister by purchasing jewelry from the Affirmation and Inspiration Collection.  You can read Sandi's story at www.SandisFight.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment